I can't believe that all I have gotten out of beer blogging is being Stan's whipping boy - but, yes, again I am to blame apparently this time for being along with him on a list posted by Jay of people supposed to write a post about seven things you don't know about them. A meme! How 2006. Jay wrote quite an earnest piece and Stan mocked the gods of memes. Which is fine because memes died before Ron Pattinson started blogging. Yet...
- I once was courted by two national news networks to be a paid political blogger... you know when there were political bloggers and networks willing to pay them. I sold out to the highest bidder.
- I own two banjos.
- People ask me how I have to time to fit in all I do yet I consider myself incredibly lazy... lazy but organized.
- I own the complete Space 1999 on DVD.
- I had my coat opened with the muzzle of a machine gun in Paris in 1986 by a gendarme when the Syrians were setting off bombs in the town and security was on high alert. When they figured out we were clutching at our coats to hide opened wine bottles the Frenchmen with machine guns laughed and pointed at us.
- I own a box full of 3 x 5 or 6 foot flags because where I used to live in PEI folk were so meddling that they would actually tell you only to fly the flag of PEI or Canada. Flying Botswana's got the most gossip going in the village.
- I have blogged for almost eight years now and still have no idea what sitting here typing day after day gives me other than a compromised cardiovascular system. I have met very few other people in beer because of where I live. I have only gone to one beer fest. I find them a little creepy.
There. I never really told you anything of note. By the way, Stan is not Santa and his name is really spelled J-O-N-E-S but it is pronounced "high-er-on-y-mous," a fact which he covers up by the adoption of the pen name H-I-E-R-O-N-Y-M-U-S. Freaky but true.