As the last moments of the first weekend in well over a month that hasn't included too much guilt buying or a thousand kilometre drive, I actually have time to check out the news - including some news about beer:
- Don't ban all drinks over 6%. Just ban the beer over 6%. That makes sense.
- Cold beer is bad for the environment apparently. Not my cold beer that comes out of a cold room in a basement built in 1964, the last year which suburban homes in my town had cold rooms built into them. So, just to be clear, your cold beer may be bad for the environment.
- Pity this beer truck driver delivery guy who was attacked by an ideologically motivated anti-beer pipe wielding nut case - especially as "...several people reportedly took advantage of the distracted delivery man and stole cases of beer from the truck..."
- How the Celts brewed beer in 500 BC. First, dig a ditch...
- I want to be able to take a growler to the drug store, too. No doubt that in itself is also a mine field of euphemism in Ireland.
- It probably is a step up when one of the poorer beer fests in Canada takes offense at being identified as one of the poorer beer fests in Canada. The use of quotation marks around "beer writer" is gold. Ouch!
- I think there has to be an observation in here about the actual lineage of Sleeman's brews but I can't think of it right now.
That's it. Another weeks begins but this time I got a few good beer and a few good naps in to prepare for it. What more could one want? Oh, a Jets win. Got that, too.