So, it's that time of year. The greatest post in the beer blogging calendar. While others are going on and on about blogging, I am talking contest rules. And everyone loves a contest rules blog post, right? To recap the most important point: I have 4 kids in the house for heaven's sake - and they need Santa, too - so here is what we are going to do:
• We have ditched the 17 or 45 photos per entrant. In 2008, we had over 500 entries. That was nuts. Children did without. In 2009, down to a sensible 185. So, like last year, I am limiting it to five per person. Make your own mind up. You know what sucks. If I receive more than five, the first five are entered.
• No photos of dishes of food with a beer next to it. They never win and they kinda make other people feel queasy. Your food is no better looking than your dog. Sorry to break the news.
• More photos of beer and snow. Photos of beer and snow look great. Beer in nature generally looks good. But beer and snow is a winner. Snow in Italy? Even better.
• Pictures of beer and your pals all liquored up? More like the plate of food than snow. Not usually good. But you never know.
• The contest opens on Sunday, 14 November at noon eastern standard time, North America and goes to... what... Sunday December 5 at noon. Three weeks. Three weeks of art and prizes.
Is that all that hard? Look at that up top. A 2008 winner from James Sakal of Colchester in Essex. Why can't you do that? That got James a case of good beer. I am just starting the process of the call for prizes - we have had a couple of old sponsors confirm already. If you have any to give, drop me a line at email@example.com but this year you have to be pretty solid to qualify as a donor. Unfortunately, we've had some questionable pledges over the years and I plan to stamp that out with all the fury that a Christmas elf can muster. Who needs a deadbeat at Yule?