People have been kind. Not to me. I see nothing of this stuff. They have been kind to you, the ambitious hair triggered photographer beer fan. The offer gifts. They offer reward. Me, I merely offer venue... and, of course, judgment. I judge your submissions as a fair judge but a singular one. You submit. And I have tastes. And baggage. Yet I judge all. I am the pan-opticon. Or, at least, I send out the addresses by which winners and gifters get together. And I have yet to bang the drum all that much and already the stuff on offer includes the following:
- Pete Brown: a full set of his complete beer writings in paperback, autographed. He touched them. You will, too.
- Martyn Cornell: his latest book Amber, Gold and Black. Cornish White? You have no idea. Martyn does.
- Beau's: a gorgeous XXL black heavy grade bowling shirt tag attacked with embroidered patches and.. stuff.
- Joe Stange has offered a signed copy of Around Brussels in 80 Beers and other... get this... maybe other stuff . I have no idea what this means. Who knows?
- Dave Selden has placed a 33 Beers prize pack on the table... but there may not be 33 actual beers in the box. Just sayin'.
- The kind people at All About Beer have offered four subscriptions... again... because they are so nice. And they will publish the winning photo again because editor Julie Johnson said so. She likes what you are up to. Did you know that?
- Tami Kennedy of Shipyard Brewing in Maine, one of my dearest and oldest craft beer friends, has offered three t-shirts. T-shirts you say? I have some of the most... (give me a minute)... nicest... (sniff)... most comfortable... best fitting...t-shirts ever... from them. You want one.
- TAPS magazine and our pal Troy Burtch has given two subscriptions for TAPS, a t-shirt, a Canadian Brewing Awards glass and a number of Ontario Pub Books by Bill Perrie and - though, I am not clear on this - maybe a 16th interest in a poorly maintained 1971 Chevy Nova.
That is not all. There is more and there will be more. Oh yes - there will be more. Stoke it. Tell me what you want and I will hit them up. We have commitments but no details for some prizes as of yet. There is no sense to this, no reason. I will ignore the family and shirk my work. It means that much to me. I think if we all say our prayers at night we might be in a positionby early December, say, to offer a night of bowling with Stephen Beaumont. Maybe even a coupon for Football Pub in Rome. Maybe signed books by Ron Pattinson. Imagine your joy. These prizes will take a lot more begging, a lot. I am not saying it will happen - just that it might happen. If you are good. Be good, wouldja? You deserve it.