I got a very nice email this week inviting me to be a speaker at Ohio Brew Week. We've never been in southeast Ohio and July needed a new destination assigned to it so this may well happen. But what to talk about? What theme should I focus on?
- Economics: walls filled with rapidly flashing power point graphs as the audience uncomfortably waits for a pause to rush the bar?
- Autobiographical: why I type about beer when I could just drink the damn stuff?
- New Media: how to drink alone with greater social acceptability.
- History:all the things I did not know and still don't.
- Sociology: patterns in beer blogger bickering during the century's first decade.
- Geography: all beer has terroir. It's just that you don't like where it's from.
There's so much to offer Ohio, isn't there. But maybe I need a little help. What should I glean for the over 2,000 posts and nearly seven years of doing this that someone could sit for an hour or so and take something from? And if you are from southeastern Ohio - where are the good diners?