- A group in Toronto has formed called Cask! to agitate for more of what they want. Great news...though I am not much a joiner-inner. I'd have to create a group called Couch and Backyard! to best express my inner beery voice.
- There's that guy in Australia who was dropping a grand a week on beer but that's just sad. About as sad as the Ohio county fair that seems to have a beer garden that doesn't serve beer.
- Who knew Chicago had beer riots?
- China makes 22% of the world's beer. Sounds impressive but with only 19.86% of the population, they are really international brewing slackers.
- A man was fired for selling someone of legal drinking age two beers.
- Good news from Utica as F.X. Matt must be turning things around after the fire in May with the roll out of their new Saranac Irish Ale.
Have you read The Unbearable Nonsense of Craft Beer - A Rant in Nine Acts by Alan and Max yet? It's out on Kindle as well as Lulu.
Maureen Ogle said this about the book: "... immensely readable, sometimes slightly surreal rumination on beer in general and craft beer in particular. Funny, witty, but most important: Smart. The beer geeks will likely get all cranky about it, but Alan and Max are the masters of cranky..."
Ron Pattinson said: "I'm in a rather odd situation. Because I appear in the book. A fictional version of me. It's a weird feeling."