- New: From Flossmoor Station in Flossmoor, Illinois - itself a winner of many prizes - a free growler to be picked up at the brewery. The winner will receive a business card gift certificate that can be used or traded for eventual cashing in.
- New: I received this message today from Federico Santoyo of Di Bruno Bros. in Philadelphia, PA:
Ok. Let's go with $50 towards a special event (beer or wine and cheese). I haven’t finalized any for 2008 yet, but I am working on some as we speak. There will be some up but the end of the year. When you choose a winner have them contact me and I will send them an invite and links when I post new events.We posted about Di Bruno Bros. beer and cheese events last January. The next one will be on Thursday, December 6, 2007 with Sebbie Buhler, the familiar face on the bottle of Rogue Chocolate Stout pouring that brewery's beers with a selection of cheeses.
- Two tickets for the TAP New York festival in April 2008 in the Hudson Valley of New York at Hunter Mountain Report.
- Two tickets for the the fall Microbrew and Wine Fest also at Hunter Mountain, NY.
- A gift pack from Flying Dog with a Gonzo Bret, a Gonzo t-shirt and maybe a cap or something.
Have you read The Unbearable Nonsense of Craft Beer - A Rant in Nine Acts by Alan and Max yet? It's out on Kindle as well as Lulu.
Maureen Ogle said this about the book: "... immensely readable, sometimes slightly surreal rumination on beer in general and craft beer in particular. Funny, witty, but most important: Smart. The beer geeks will likely get all cranky about it, but Alan and Max are the masters of cranky..."
Ron Pattinson said: "I'm in a rather odd situation. Because I appear in the book. A fictional version of me. It's a weird feeling."