This is more for me that you. The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle has a column called "The Beer Guys" and, today, they list the tops bars in town:
So here's our list. Agree, disagree. Who cares? It's our column:Shouldn't every newspaper have a column about beer? Why is ok to have one about good wine but not good beer when three people have beer comapred to wine one a regular basis in our society? OK, I made up that stat but I think it is still a valid question. And furthermore, Rochesterians, is this list right?
- MacGregor's Grill & Tap Room. There are five in our area: Rochester, Henrietta, Gates (a new location that just opened), Perinton and Canandaigua. MacGregor's remains the best place to get a draft beer in the region because of the enormous variety. The Rochester location has about 75 beers on tap.
- California Brew Haus, 402 W. Ridge Road. This bar in the shadow of Kodak Park offers an amazing and daunting array of bottled beer displayed in fridge after fridge.
- The Old Toad, 277 Alexander St. The British pub ï¿½?” run by real Brits ï¿½?” always has a mean assortment of draft beer.
- Monty's Krown, 875 Monroe Ave. Another spot with a terrific array of draft beer, and the brands seem to change every once in a while, providing an incentive to stop in again.
- J.B. Quimby's Public House, 3259 S. Winton Road, Henrietta. The bar offers a decent selection of draft beer.