- Total attendance at movie theatres and drive-ins with sales of $1.2 billion in 2002/03: 15.3% of beer.
- All wheat at $2.47 billion: 31.5% of beer.
- The estimated budget of the Government of Nova Scotia for 2003 of $5.327 billion: 68% of beer.
- All charitable giving of $6,500,000,000: 71% of beer.
- Beer is smaller than the military, however, which has a $13.5 billion budget for 2006: 171% of beer in 2003.
Have you read The Unbearable Nonsense of Craft Beer - A Rant in Nine Acts by Alan and Max yet? It's out on Kindle as well as Lulu.
Maureen Ogle said this about the book: "... immensely readable, sometimes slightly surreal rumination on beer in general and craft beer in particular. Funny, witty, but most important: Smart. The beer geeks will likely get all cranky about it, but Alan and Max are the masters of cranky..."
Ron Pattinson said: "I'm in a rather odd situation. Because I appear in the book. A fictional version of me. It's a weird feeling."