Here is a great comment from a reader, Andrew Mazanec, from St. Louis that I hope we can help with:
Dear Sirs,This is a great opportunity and I am going to take on one question myself, #2. Tough news, Andrew. Liquor is only sold through the government owned "S.A.Q." and they are on strike, though hopefully that will be over by July. A 375 ml "mickie" or "pint" of Canadian Club rye - we call Canadian whisky "rye" up here - goes for $12.50 CND at the SAQ. The next size up is 750 ml or a "quart" which goes for $21.95 CND. That will still be the price if you can find one of the five SAQ outlets being run by management open. You may be a good union man as a firefighter so I would not presume that you would cross picket lines but, still, here are those five outlets:
I am a firefighter in St. Louis, Mo.USA. I am heading to Quebec City, Quebec in the end of June through the first week of July for the World Police and Fire Games. I have a few alcohol related questions:
1)What is the cost for one case of beer domestic and Anheuser Busch products?
2) What is the cost of Canadian Blended whiskey approx. 400-500ML?
3) What time do establishments stop serving alcohol?
4) Are there any open container laws on public streets parks. etc.
- Beauport - 205 ave Joseph-Casavant (Seigneuriale exit)
- Charlesbourg - 9115 boul. Henri-Bourassa
- Québec - 400, boul. Jean-Lesage, bureau 49 (corner boul. Charest)
- Québec - 5015, boul. de l'Ormière
- Québec - 2900, rue Einstein
I am going to leave the questions up for a bit and see if we cannot get some more help for you.