This here blog ain't the only place in the internets where folk can get into some yappetry about ales and lagers. Here is a brief survey of some of my favorites:
- The Beer Church says it has over 100,000 registered members from 26 different countries around the world and sponsors charitable events for the beer lover who likes to give.
- The Home Brew Digest is primarily geared and those who make their own but the HBD also caters to newbies and the occassional poster who needs some travelling advice like the name of the best pub in, say, Helsinski. You can get the digest delivered to your email daily.
- Robin Garr's site is one of the best in the world for sharing wine knowledge but is also includes bulletin board style forum on beers and spirits.
- The Oakland Tribune maintains a "beer blog" which is really a series of interesting articles by Bill Brand - though, a bit oddly, they are posted by "John".
- The Beer Advocate is a massive site based in the US with forums, articles and an amazingly deep set of reviews on every beer I have ever thought of. It is a great resource to check out what others think of what you drink.
- The Oxford Bottled Beer Database from England is a little more focused than the Beer Advocate but it does cover the north-eastern side of the Atlantic a little more thoroughly. I like to check both if I can.
- The Beer Blog: a Moblog about beer allows you to post cell phone photos of you and/or your favorite beer creating a happy gallery of a sort. Right now there are 612 images of that joy.